Our teams are working hard to provide a clean and safe environment for our customers.
- To enhance our cleaning efforts, our gas station pumps will be sanitized every 15 minutes.
- To ensure your safety during this critical time, only 10 people at a time will be permitted to enter and shop.
- All Chahta Grill dining areas will be temporarily closed. However, to-go orders can be filled by calling in ahead for pick-up at our locations.
Your safety is our top priority. We appreciate your patience and assistance in practicing social distancing.
March 22, 2020
Dear Choctaw Travel Plaza and Choctaw Country Market Customers,
As a public health precaution to help prevent the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is taking preliminary safety precautions. Starting Sunday, March 22, all Choctaw Travel Plaza locations will be open to guests from 5:30AM-10PM. Fuel will be available for pre-pay 24/7. The kitchen will stop taking orders at 8PM. All Choctaw Country Market locations will now be open from 7AM-8PM with the first hour of operation still strongly encouraged for those at high risk. The Chahta Grill will now stop taking orders at 7PM.
Throughout this fluid situation, we will continue to monitor the recommendations and guidelines of health authorities and provide you with additional updates as needed. Thank you for your loyalty and trust in Choctaw Travel Plazas.
March, 16, 2020
As the coronavirus COVID-19 affects our communities, our work as your neighborhood country market and travel plaza continues. We have a dedicated team closely monitoring and analyzing developments daily from local, national and international health agencies, and we are taking actions based on their scientific and fact-based recommendations and guidelines. Our travel plazas and country markets continue to operate however the casino toos at the travel plazas have been temporarily suspended as of March 16 at 11:59 p.m. effective until further notice.
As always, the health and safety of our customers and associates remain our top priority. There is no issue more important to us than making sure we manage this health situation as effectively as possible so you continue to feel confident visiting Choctaw Travel Plazas and Country Markets. As such, we want to make you aware of the enhanced cleaning and sanitizing actions we are taking at our properties to ensure our customers and associates stay safe.
- Employee reminders. We are reminding employees through multiple channels about the importance of frequent handwashing. We are talking to them about it in daily meetings, posting signage in key employee areas, and providing additional hand sanitizer dispensers in employee areas.
- Customer reminders. Handwashing signage is located in public areas like bathrooms and restaurants.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. In addition to purchasing more cleaning and disinfecting supplies, Choctaw is increasing the number of times per day we clean high-touch surfaces throughout our properties, including restaurants.
- Employee training. To ensure proper cleaning and disinfecting, we have provided additional training for employees.
- Travel cancellations. We have suspended employee travel internationally and to areas that have been highly affected by COVID-19.
- Staff illness. Any employee with flu-like symptoms will be asked to go home and will be required to remain home until symptom-free.
- Guest illness. We are encouraging any customers who are ill to seek medical attention immediately and to avoid public exposure.
- What you can do. We ask that our customers follow the precautionary measures outlined by medical authorities to help ensure everyone stays safe. These include:
- Proper handwashing. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before eating, after using the bathroom, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and before and after caring for a sick friend or family member.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Throughout this fluid situation, we will continue to monitor the recommendations and guidelines of health authorities and provide you with additional updates as needed. The health and safety of our customers and associates are always our focus. Thank you for your loyalty and trust of Choctaw Country Market and Choctaw Travel Plazas.